There are occasions where organizations would like to utilize an agreement to confirm a verbal agreement with a speaker. Consider the following points when you create an agreement.
You don’t need to be fluent in “legal-ese”. Use simple, friendly and non-threatening language. We do recommend, however, that you seek legal counsel/review when constructing your speaker agreement.
A few basic elements to consider including in your speaker agreement:
• Date, time and place of meeting
• Title and length of presentation
• Honorarium amount and deposit requested
• Sponsorship details
• Anticipated number of attendees
• Audio/visual and room set up requirements
• Handout due dates
• Non-compete and non-disclosure details
• Publishing rights
• Cancellation policy
• Signature and date
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a complimentary sample agreement.