Sherry Priebe, RDH, BDSc, MSc
Oral Cancer and Superheroes: Understanding the Effects of Cultural Oral Habits
The incidence of oral cancer is rising. The course describes how the oral health professional’s awareness of cultural oral habits is integral to human wellness and global health. It illustrates how geographically remote populations with their unique habits can eventually have a profound effect on local dental practices as populations immigrate worldwide. The audience will be powerfully engaged through a PowerPoint of cultural oral habit research from Vietnam. Audience interaction is invited as to the crisis on oral health in the dental practice and to motivate preventive solutions.
View Sherry’s Speaker Packet
Sherry Priebe has been impacting the lives of people around the world with her life focus to “assist people to attain optimum oral health through research, education and clinical practice”. Sherry is a UBC graduate with a Masters in Science doing research in Vietnam. Sherry was awarded the ‘World Dental Hygienist Award in Research’ at the International Symposium on Dental Hygiene in 2010. She has volunteered and presented her research on cultural oral habits and oral cancer in Africa, Asia and Canada. She has published articles nationally and internationally. Sherry is an independent contractor dental hygienist in Kelowna, BC.
- Health and Wellness
- Oral Cancer
- Pacific Dental Conference; Vancouver, BC
- International Federation of Dental Hygienists Conference; Cape Town, South Africa.
- Canadian Dental Hygienists Association, ‘Explore”; Victoria, BC
- National Hospital of Odonto-Stomatology; and University of Odonto-Stomatology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Sparkle 2nd Annual Dental Charity Ball; Ottawa, CA
- Global Health and Innovation Conference, Yale University; New Haven, CT