William P. Prescott, EMBA, JD
Exit Strategies — The Race Is Over And The Rats Didn’t Win!
Co-Ownership — Getting In, Staying In and Getting Out: The Good, The Bad And The Tax!
Entering Practice — Make the First Choice the Right Choice!
Hiring and Retaining Quality Employees
Practice Operations and Personal Planning
Each three hour program educates the dentist or dental specialist on all business, legal and tax aspects of practice exit and entry choices, co-ownership, associateships, valuations, hiring and retaining quality employees, retirement plan funding and personal planning.
Prior to practicing law as a practice transition and dental attorney for 26 years with the same firm, Bill Prescott was in the dental equipment supply industry for 16½ years. Bill is the author of: Business, Legal, And Tax Planning for the Dental Practice, PennWell Corporation, First Edition, 1994, Second Edition, 2001; Joining And Leaving the Dental Practice, First Edition, 2008; Second Edition, 2012 (see www.PrescottDentalLaw.com); The Practice Acquisition Handbook; The Limited Liability Company And Other Entities for Dentistry; and numerous articles. Learn more
Bill is a past Chair and currently Vice Chair, Professional Practices, of the Closely Held Businesses Committee, American Bar Association, Section of Taxation, and also serves on the Editorial Board of The Practical Tax Lawyer. Finally, Bill has been appointed as a Fellow, American College of Tax Counsel.
- Dental Law
- Group Practice
- Practice Transitions
- Chicago Dental Society Midwinter Meeting; Chicago, IL
- American Association of Orthodontists; Philadelphia, PA
- American Association of Endodontists Annual Session; Seattle, WA
- Virginia Dental Association Annual Meeting; Norfolk, VA
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation Meeting; Washington, DC
- Medina County Dental Society; Medina, OH
- Case Western University, School of Dental Medicine; Cleveland, OH
- American Dental Association; Denver, CO